Training Your Dog for a Successful Day at the Office
Having pets around you in the office not only brings you happiness but also is your best de-stressor if you need a break from your busy work schedule. They are a good conversation starter with practically anyone that comes by, as long they are comfy with the furry touch.
In order to make sure that your pets are making themselves comfortable in the office with you, we have gathered some tips for you to consider, of course every individual pet is unique and we just have to find the best way around.
- Potty training will definitely be the number one task to be checked off your list before bringing them along to your workplace with you. Otherwise, a diaper will be the next best option.
- Ensure that your dog has a comfy or “sticky” spot in the office. Do arrange a cushion pillow or a bed for him or her with their favorite toy so that your furry friend can rest comfortably when it’s time for a nap.
- Make sure to bring along some snacks and a bowl of water. Treats act like a reward system especially when you want to encourage good behavior in a new environment.
- When you bring your dog to work, it’s your responsibility to make sure it stays safe. During the workday, use a long sturdy leash to give your dogs the space and freedom to be roving around comfortably within your desk space.
- Establish a buddy system with your colleague to watch your dog in case you are unable to bring your furry friend to meetings. An extra pair of hands from a friend or colleague to make your dog feel at ease and provide them with plenty of care will make all the difference.
Do you think your dog can be a good companion to accompany you in the office? GATHER’s pet-friendly policy allows your pet to be by your side while you hustle through the day. Book a tour to view our pet-friendly work space here.